Monday, June 23, 2014

Introducing Rainbow Baby Sessions - Grand Rapids Michigan Newborn Photographer

Pregnancy and infant loss happens to many women. It happens to as many as 10 to 15 percent of known pregnancies, some studies showing a rate as high as 25 percent (marchofdimes.com).


(Photo from A Walk to Remember GR 2012)


 That is nearly 1 in 4 pregnancies that result in the loss of a precious child or children. Miscarriage, still birth, and infant loss is written on the hearts of so many women and families.

That is a whole lot of heart ache and grief. A whole lot of shattered hopes and dreams. Something I wish that no one would have to endure ever.

I'm not sure why, but God has broken my heart on this matter. Perhaps it's because I know so many women who have endured this loss, perhaps it's because I'm also 1 of the 4, perhaps it's just that I'm a mom and I know how deeply and quickly the love toward an unborn child develops. I don't know, all I know is that my heart is broken - and God has given me this heart for a reason.

With my broken heart comes a call to service. I've struggled in the past knowing what to say, what to do, how to help the grieving mother. Truthfully, there is nothing that you or I can offer someone that will take an ounce of the pain of a loss away. Being present, available, willing to listen and comfort, and to maintain the hope that they feel has been lost may be the best we can do.

Recently though I have felt the calling to something different, a way I can merge my God-given gifts and part of my broken heart together to serve and bless women and families who have endured this loss.

I would like to introduce to you the Rainbow Baby Session.



(Tucker with big brother Hunter's bear & Kaylin with big brother Isaac's puppy)


What is a "Rainbow Baby"?

 A baby who is born after a parent loses a child due to miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death is often referred to as a "Rainbow Baby"


"It is understood that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of any storm. When a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm never happened or that we are not still dealing with its aftermath. It means that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover, but the rainbow offers the promise of brighter times ahead"

What is the "Rainbow Baby Session"?
I am honored to offer a complimentary newborn session to any family with the birth of their first child following the loss of a pregnancy, infant, or child to celebrate the "beautiful light" in midst of the darkness and the faithfulness of our Lord. 

I also know that many mothers who have experienced the loss of a child may be on the burdensome journey of infertility and am honored to also offer this gift for parents adopting after their loss(es).

How do I schedule a "Rainbow Baby Session"?
If you are expecting your rainbow baby please contact me as soon as you feel ready. We will pencil in your due date and then you will contact me as soon as your baby arrives and your newborn session should take place before the baby is 14 days old.  



Psalm 139:13-16

The Message (MSG)
13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
    you formed me in my mother’s womb.
I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking!
    Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
    I worship in adoration—what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
    you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
    how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
    all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
    before I’d even lived one day.


Please contact me with any questions and for more information.

*As much as I would love to promise these sessions to everyone expecting their Rainbow Baby, availability may be limited due to my work schedule, family, and other commitments
*Complimentary newborn session includes the session and 10-15 edited images via digital download

No comments:

Post a Comment